Creative Commons License
This work by Catherine L is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Nail Polish Review: Nicka K Top Coat, Nanacoco Ocean Blue

Nanacoco Ocean Blue nail polish with Nicka K Express Fast Dry Top Coat.

Taken under indoor lighting. The Ocean Blue nail polish looks very green. 
Ocean Blue was bought at my local beauty supply store for about $2. It is a beautiful metallic nail polish. Although it should be blue, it is much more like green under normal lighting. The second picture is directly under the sunlight, which shows its true blue color. The pictures simply cannot capture its glittering beauty!

Under regular indoor lighting, with the Nicka K Topcoat on. Not a fleck of blue anywhere!

Under sunlight. If you look at the tips, you can see where I repainted, which is a different blue than the rest of it, which has Nicka K Topcoat on it. 

A big issue with this polish is that it chips in a day! It eats through topcoat, so I had 5 layers of the Nicka K Top Coat to make my nails smooth. Even with all that, my nail polish came off in sheets! Perhaps I need a better topcoat.

As for the Nicka K Express Fast Dry Top Coat, it does indeed dry the polish wonderfully in a few minutes and has a gorgeous gloss.
 However, it cannot be used on fresh nail polish, because it will smear! You must wait a bit for the base layers to adhere to the nails. Furthermore, it changed the color of my Nanacoco nail polish into a bronzy green, rather than a blue. So I would take caution in using this on metallics and polishes that reflect light.

Summary:
I would not repurchase Nanacoco Ocean Blue unless I have a good enough topcoat to prevent it from chipping.
I would repurchase the Nicka K Express Fast Dry Top Coat, since it was only about $1 and would be okay to use with regular color nail polish.

This review represents my honest opinion and was not endorsed by either company. All products were bought with my own money and all photos taken by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment