Creative Commons License
This work by Catherine L is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Nail Polish Review: Nicka K Heart Blue

Another nail polish from the cheapest brand I use: Nicka K in Heart Blue.
In the bottle it looks like a dusty blue, but on the nails its sheen made it have a purple undertone as well.
The formula is quite streaky, as you can see in the photos. It is also really sheer, so even after 3 coats there are patches of translucency.
See how streaky the thumb is?
That translucent patch at the tip!
 I didn't really like the color, so I decided to add Sinful Colors Nail Junkie over it. It then turned into this pretty color! Close up it looks blue, but in certain lighting you can see the teal of Nail Junkie. I personally like this color much better, especially with that light dusting of glitter.


Sorry about the messy nails! I didn't do clean up before taking this picture.
Overall, the Nicka K Heart Blue is not worth the buy, because it would take many coats for full opacity. Even then, the polish would likely be spotty because of its streaky formula. Furthermore, although the basic color matches the bottle, the purple hue makes the color a bit unpleasant to look at. However, it seems to work well for layering under a translucent jelly like Sinful Colors Nail Junkie.

This review represents my honest opinion and was not endorsed by either company. All products were bought with my own money and all photos taken by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment